Indigenous Cultural History Winter EBike Tours
Embark on a transformative journey through the heart of Banff National Park, where the ancient wisdom and history of the land meets the thrill of ebiking adventure. Join us on a unique joint experience brought to you by Bikescape, the premier ebike tour company in the Canadian Rockies, and Buffalo Stone Woman, a revered Indigenous hiking guide. Your adventure begins in downtown Banff, where you’ll be warmly welcomed and equipped with everything you need, from bikes to helmets.
This journey is so much more than just a bike ride—it’s an immersion in Indigenous cultural history. Before setting out, partake in a solemn Indigenous blessing and land acknowledgement ceremony, connecting you to the profound history of this place. Then, hop on your bike for a casual ride through breathtaking trails. Along the way, you will be immersed in Indigenous teachings and participate in a smudge ceremony, deepening your understanding of the land’s significance to its original inhabitants.
To keep you energized, we provide snacks and hot drinks while you pedal through the natural wonders of Banff National Park. Finally, full of lasting memories and newfound insights, we return to town, concluding an unforgettable 2 to 3 hour journey covering approximately 10km-15km. Please note that all guests should have basic bike-riding skills to participate.
DISTANCE: 10-15 km
AVERAGE SPEED: 12-15km/hour
DURATION: 2 – 3 hours
ELEVATION GAIN: 150m/500ft
GROUP SIZE: Minimum 6, Maximum 12
COST: $160.00 per rider
WHAT’S INCLUDED WITH YOUR TOUR:
- Winter Fat Tire Bike
- Local, professional and energetic guides
- Pit stops for photos at epic Banff Instagram spots
- Snacks and hot beverages to keep you energized
- Indigenous Teachings
You must be able to ride a bike to join the tour. No specific fat bike experience is necessary!
WHAT TO PACK FOR YOUR TOUR:
*Note for e-fat bike tours, you will generate much less body heat than you think, fingers and toes are the most important to keep warm*
- Warm winter boots and thick warm socks or heated socks (but only if you have a pair!)
- Hand and Toe warmers if you tend to get cold fingers and toes
- Warm, full-fingered gloves (not mitts) and protective eyewear (ski goggles/sunglasses)
- Helmets are mandatory and included in the tour cost. Feel free to bring your own. Ski helmets totally work and tend to be warmer than bike helmets on colder days
- Two neck warmers or buffs – one to fit under a helmet and one for around your neck
- Active snow pants & winter jackets are essential in any temperatures below zero. Gear can be rented from stores in Banff such as Snowtips-Bactrax
- Dress in thin layers in order to be mobile and remove if necessary.
- A backpack with warm/hot water (so it doesn’t freeze!) and room to store layers.
Please note that safety is our first priority. If the guide thinks your attire or footwear isn’t appropriate and compromises your safety on the tour, you may not be able to participate.
- Contact email@example.com directly to book
- 10% gratuity added to all Indigescape bookings (100% of which goes directly to your incredible guides!)
- Bookings require a minimum of three weeks advance notice
- Registration form and waivers to be completed by all participants at least one week prior to tour
- This tour requires a minimum of six (6), maximum of twelve (12) participants per time slot.
- Full payment required prior to confirmation of tour