WINTER E-FAT BIKING IN BANFF IS HERE!
Fat biking in Banff is the brand new, ultimate, winter experience offered in the majestic Canadian Rocky Mountains of Banff National Park. No e-fat bike experience is necessary. Our two-hour guided tours are for all ages (13+) and abilities (though you must know how to ride a bicycle). Your professional, certified guide will provide you with all the skills and thrills for an epic experience that will leave you grinning ear-to-ear. We do have non e-bikes available for private bookings.
WHAT’S INCLUDED WITH YOUR BANFF FAT BIKE TOUR:
- Winter e-fat bike
- A local, professional and energetic guide
- Pit stops for photos at epic Banff Instagram spots
- Basic skills and pro tips so you can have THE most amount of fun
During your Banff winter fat bike tour, terrain will be within your ability. No fat bike specific (but cycling) experience is necessary!
WHAT TO PACK FOR YOUR FAT BIKE TOUR:
*Note for e-fat bike tours, you will generate much less body heat than you think, fingers and toes are the most important to keep warm*
- Warm winter boots and thick warm socks or heated socks (but only if you have a pair!)
- Hand and Toe warmers if you tend to get cold fingers and toes
- Warm, full-fingered gloves (not mitts) and protective eyewear (ski goggles/sunglasses)
- Helmets are mandatory and included in the tour cost. Feel free to bring your own. Ski helmets totally work and tend to be warmer than bike helmets on colder days
- Two neck warmers or buffs – one to to fit under a helmet and one for around your neck
- Snow pants & Winter Jackets are essential in any temperatures below zero. Gear can be rented from stores in Banff such as Snowtips-Bactrax
- Dress in thin layers in order to be mobile and remove if necessary.
- A backpack with hot water and room to store layers.
Please note that safety is our first priority. If the guide thinks your attire or footwear isn’t appropriate and compromises your safety on the tour, you may not be able to participate.
COST & TIME:
$139.00 + 5% GST per person. Tours run daily Thursday – Sunday from 1:00pm – 3:00pm.
- The minimum age is 13 years.
- All children aged 15 years and under must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
- All adults must sign a waiver, which will be sent through upon booking. A waiver must also be completed by the parent or legal guardian of any child under the age of 18 years.
- Photo ID may be required for identity verification.
- Please note that this tour requires a minimum of 2 participants, please call the day prior to confirm the tour.
- Tour can be made private with a minimum of 4 participants – please call to inquire.
Email or call us directly to book
Winter Fat Biking FAQs
The tour begins at 1pm and returns at no later than 3:15pm. (2 hours total)
We meet at Bear Street Outfitters at 12:45pm. 203 A Bear Street, Banff, AB. Map Link HERE
You can park for free on the 2nd or 3rd floor of the Parkade at 136 Bear Street. (Less than a block from meeting point) MAP link HERE
E-fat biking in Banff is the newest and most fun winter activity! A fat bike or snow bike is an off-road bicycle with oversized tires, typically 3.8 in (97 mm) or larger, designed for low ground pressure to allow riding on soft, unstable terrain, such as snow, sand, bogs and mud.
A helmet & electric fat tire bike are provided.
We do have analogue (non-electric) fat bikes available for private bookings. Please contact us for more information.
This tour is suitable for beginners. You should be comfortable riding some type of human-propelled, two-wheeled bicycle prior to taking this tour. Fat Biking is most similar to mountain biking but at a much slower pace!
Please be prepared for the mountain weather, it changes quickly and our winter fat bike tours run in anything from -15C (-5F) +10C (+50F). Wind chill can change the temperature dramatically and you will be outside for the duration of your tour.
To ensure that you enjoy the tour, please wear/bring:
- Photo ID for each adult (18+) for waiver verification.
- Warm winter boots, and hand and toe warmers if you tend to get cold toes
- Warm, full-fingered gloves and protective eyewear (goggles/sunglasses)
- Helmets are mandatory and included in the tour cost. Feel free to bring your own. Ski helmets totally work and tend to be warmer than bike helmets on colder days.
- A thin winter hat to fit under a helmet
- Snow pants & Winter Jackets are essential in any temperatures below zero. Gear can be rented from stores in Banff such as Snowtips-Bactrax.
- Dress in thin layers in order to be mobile and remove if necessary
- A backpack with hot water and room to store layers
- A couple of neck warmers such as a buff or a face covering.
- Hand and Toe warmers or heated socks if you have them.
- A backpack for items above and with room to store layers
If it goes below -15 degrees Celsius then we will not run the tour and we can reschedule your booking.
We require 24 hours notice prior to departure to cancel or change a tour without penalty. Group bookings of 6 or more guests, as well as custom and private bookings, have a 7 day cancellation period.
Tips are not expected, but are certainly appreciated. If you think your guide did an exceptional job and would like to indicate that with a tip, it will be graciously accepted.